All Day Cooking with CBD Hemp Flower Infused Olive Oil
Cooking with CBD Hemp flower has many possibilities but there are a few rules that you should follow. CBD is fat-soluble so your body absorbs it best when paired with fat-containing foods like olive oil. Cannabinoids like CBD are drawn to fats so when you infuse olive oil, coconut oil, MCT or avocado oil, it has a carrier to make the CBD most effective in your body.
TABLE of CONTENTS
- Directions to Decarboxylate CBD Flower
- CBD Hemp Flower Infused Olive Oil Recipe
- CBD Flower Tomato Vinaigrette
- Lemon Pepper CBD Kale Chips
- CBD Veggie Stir-Fry
- Featured Post
- Dr. Strains CBD Weekly Special “Spotte”
Cooking with CBD Hemp Flower — Directions to Decarboxylate CBD Flower
- Heat oven to 275˚F. The temperature must be specific \’\’and the time in the oven is specific.
- Line baking sheet with tinfoil.
- Break up the dried hemp flower into pea-sized pieces with your fingers or with a pair of kitchen scissors
- Spread the crumbled hemp flower onto the foil-covered baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
Cooking with CBD Hemp Flower — CBD Hemp Flower Infused Olive Oil Recipe
If you are wanting to keep your “cannabis kitchen” well stocked so that you have at your finger-tips the ingredients you need for baking or cooking, you will want CBD hemp flower infused olive oil.
You will need the following ingredients to make the hemp flower infused olive oil:
- 3½ grams CBD-rich decarboxylated cannabis flower
- 1 cup olive oil
After your hemp flower is decarbed \’\’and the CBDA has been converted to CBD you can use it to infuse your olive oil. The next step is about the infusion process into the olive oil. In sterilized 16-ounce Mason jar,
- Combine 3 ½ grams of hemp flower into 1 cup of olive oil \’\’and place both in a 16 oz Mason jar.
- Seal tightly.
- Fill a small saucepan with 3-inches of water \’\’and place the Mason jar in the pan on low heat.
- With a c\’\’andy thermometer, bring the water to a boil at 200 degrees F for 2 ½ to 3 hours. (Do not exceed 211 degrees F.)
- Add water to the saucepan as needed as the water boils away.
- Remove Mason jar safely with an oven mitt \’\’and let cool.
- Have a clean sterilized Mason jar with a cheese cloth in a fine strainer over the mouth
- Pour infused olive oil through cheesecloth \’\’and strainer combination into the jar.
- Press gently on what grains remain in the strainer to extract as much of the oil as possible. (Do not squeeze cheesecloth to avoid the chlorophyll flavors.)
- Store at room temperature in dark cabinet.
- It will make a little less than 1 cup infused olive oil. (To increase simply double the recipe.
Cooking with CBD Hemp Flower — CBD Flower Tomato Vinaigrette
This is a delicious addition to a plate of spring greens on a hot summer day. Tomato Vinaigrette is the recipe you must try every season from winter to summer. It is also a recipe that you can make \’\’and keep in the refrigerator for use at a moment’s notice.
Cooking with CBD Hemp Flower – Lemon Pepper CBD Kale Chips
This is one of the easiest \’\’and healthiest ways to use CBD-infused olive oil, regardless of if you make the oil from a high-CBD hemp flower strain.
- 12 oz. kale, fresh
- 2 tbsp. CBD-infused olive oil
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt
- ¼ tsp. Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Preheat oven to 250ºF. After washing the kale, strip the leaves from the stem but maintain the leaves as large as possible. Dry them \’\’and place them in a large bowl \’\’and drizzle with CBD-infused oil. Toss to coat \’\’and massage the oil in to the kale leaves to give them a thin coating. Sprinkle with seasoning salt \’\’and Lemon Pepper seasoning. Toss again. Spread leaves in a single layer on baking sheets but do not squish them together. Bake for 25 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through. Cool before storing in an airtight container. Makes 6 servings.
Cooking with CBD Hemp Flower — CBD Vegan Stir-Fry
Do you have left over veggies from last night’s dinner? Here is a simple recipe to “re-up” them into a delicious dish for tonight’s dinner.
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 tbs. CBD-infused olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 8 cups vegetables, sliced \’\’and diced either fresh or left over from another meal.
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Lemon Pepper
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds
Serve over brown rice or rice noodles.
Whisk together honey \’\’and sesame oil then add vegetables. In a small sauce pan, mix vegetable stock, garlic, soy sauce, cornstarch \’\’and pepper. Heat oil in a wok over medium flame. Stir-fry honey-coated veggies for two minutes then add sauce mixture to the vegetables. Reduce heat, continuously stir \’\’and cook for about six minutes. Serve over cooked rice or rice noodles. Makes 4 servings.
TODAY’S FEATURE POST
If you want more information on all things CBD, read other posts here on our blog.
Dr. Strains CBD Weekly Special “Spotte”
Are you looking for CBD bud products? Good News! We are starting 2021 with bang-up additions to our inventory such as the following:
BACK in STOCK! Our Delta 8 Carts are BACK! They are made from premium greenhouse grown hemp flower boosting over 92% total D8. They come in a variety of flavors but all-natural terpenes infused with the Delta 8 distillate that creates unique flavor profiles.
NEW for 2021! The Hemp Flower smalls have arrived in Dr. Strains CBD inventory. Sour Space C\’\’andy at $9.99, Crawford CBG at $14.99 for ½ oz.
NEW for 2021! Our new Hemp Starter Kit – Rolling tray, ½ oz of flower, grinder, wraps, tips \’\’and papers. All this for ONLY $24.99