August Consideration – The Absorption, Bioavailability and Onset of CBD
“The absorption, bioavailability and onset, of CBD hemp is important because it is the gauge to either determine if we are dosing correctly or when we will feel the effects.”
Dr. Strains CBD Presents August Hemp Flower Products
Introducing Hemp compliant Delta 9 THC gummies! With a variety of flavors such as: pineapple, strawberry, green apple. Since it’s exactly the same cannabinoid as in ordinary cannabis, it has exactly the same effects. The only difference is the amount of an edible you’d have to consume to get an equivalent dose. These hemp derived gummies have 12 mg of CBD, 12mg d9 which equals out to 24mg each.
Get a pack of gummies (10 count) for 24.99 at Dr. Strains CBD.
TABLE of CONTENTS
- Focus on Bioavailability
- Hemp’s Only Use is for Extracting CBD Oil
- CBD is a Scam Because it Does Not Work
- CBD is Medical; Delta 9 THC is Recreational
This applies to both health usage and recreational usage. You have probably heard these three terms multiple times if you read much in the hemp community chronicles. The absorption, onset, bioavailability of CBD is an important consideration whenever you are dosing.
The Absorption, Bioavailability, Onset, of CBD – Focus on Bioavailability
Bioavailability is the proportion of a substance which enters the circulation when introduced into the body and so is able to have an active effect. Let’s look at the absorption, onset, bioavailability of CBD and the two ways to improve the bioavailability rate.
One way to improve the bioavailability rate is to consume CBD sublingually that way it enters the metabolic system via the sublingual gland under the tongue. The CBD can be delivered in this manner with oil, tincture, spray or lozenge so that it can impact the body more quickly and effectively.
The second way to ingest CBD with the highest bioavailability is to eat it with foods that enhance bioavailability. A small study done at a University lab suggests that fatty acids taken with the CBD increase its bioavailability because they act as binding agents meaning that the dose of CBD is able to attach to them and be metabolized effectively into energy. Fatty acids include:
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Soybean oil
- Sesame oil
Bioavailability is about the potency and the speed with which CBD is delivered to your bloodstream where it has access to the Endocannabinoid System (ECS).
The Absorption, Bioavailability, Onset of CBD – Focus on Absorption
Absorption is part of bioavailability but not all. The body can only absorb CBD hemp flower if it is administered appropriately. What do I mean by appropriately? Well, if you swallow CBD tincture, it will be forced to go through your entire digestive system before it is delivered to your bloodstream. That diminishes the potency, and it maximizes the time before it is absorbed into the bloodstream and ultimately to the ECS where it does its work. The absorption, onset, bioavailability of CBD does matter.
If the CBD oil is placed under your tongue and held there for 30 seconds before swallowed, it can be absorbed by the sublingual gland, then sent to the bloodstream and to the ECS. So, the absorption is faster, and it leaves the potency intact because it does not go through the digestive system.
The Absorption, Bioavailability and Onset of CBD – Focus on Onset
Now let’s turn the focus to the onset of effects and talking primarily about when you smoke hemp flower or vape it. This is the most effective method of delivery since it is what is called pulmonary administration.
When you smoke a hemp pre-roll or you roll your own, it is delivered by pulmonary, it doesn’t matter. But what does matter is the hemp flower strain. They all have a different time for onset.
- Berry Blossom – This strain is indica-dominant strain leaning towards the sedative side, but it does not couch lock its users but provides a nice blend of mental clarity. It is the class of clarity that lends itself towards slow and steady productivity.
- Berry Exotic — For daytime use, it is a sativa type with CBD along with terpenes that allows you to stay in control but beyond that you will also have a steady forward pace through a day full of projects and engagements.
- AC Diesel – These CBD hemp buds have everything you want for long-lasting stimulation along with a soft mood enhancement with extensive duration.
- The Sour Space Candy – This strain gives a happy, uplifting and energetic feeling with a “lift-off” sensation but “feet still on the ground” effect. This is a CBD-rich flower good for relaxing in the evening time or for office parties and other events.
- Blue Dream – This strain moderately stimulates which makes it a popular strain for the afternoon sag at work. The stimulation extends beyond the first sensation to protract through the evening with friends at a bar or poolside.
- Cherry Blossom – This hemp strain is a slow acting taking effect over a period of several minutes. Just because the sensation does not happen within seconds, it is tempting to take another drag or inhale. An added dosage in too quick succession of time could result in causing an unrelenting relaxation or too much acceleration.
“All Points of View”
Whichever hemp flower you decide to smoke or vape, consider the onset of effects to determine when you use and how you use it. It all makes a difference for your day or night. Bioavailability is a big consideration in dosing options. If you are not feeling the health benefits you expected, monitor more closing how you dose and the method of delivery you are using.