CBD Flower Recipes of the Week!!
At first thought, it may seem like the CBD flower is for the purposes of smoking only \’\’and even though that is a substantial use, there are many other uses. But you are right on the smoking or dry vaping thing. It is used by many to smoke for recreation \’\’and for health benefits as well. But the hemp flower has so many other uses which we are trying to showcase in these blogs.
Today we are providing some more recipes for you to use hemp flower in the case you want the health benefits but are not in the smoking scene. For most recipes using hemp flower, you will need to decarboxylate the CBD hemp flower. Remember that you can do a large batch of this \’\’and store in a cool place in a sealed glass container. That way it will be at the ready when you get the itch to “make somethin’”.
Top of the Line Hemp Burgers
This recipe makes 6 patties. Simply double the recipe for more. They freeze well too.
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- ½ sweet onion, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup hemp flower (decarboxylated) (see below)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Dash of sea salt
- 14-oz can black beans
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup quick cooking oats or oat bran
- 6 slices of toasted hemp bread (insert link)
- Garnish your burger to your heart’s delight.
- Preheat oven to 350° \’\’and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Put the red pepper \’\’and onion in the food processor, \’\’and pulse until minced. Put it into a large mixing bowl.
- Now place the sesame seeds, garlic cloves, chili powder, \’\’and sea salt to the food processor, \’\’and blend a roughly blended mixture. Add to the mixing bowl with the onion \’\’and pepper.
- Put the beans \’\’and cilantro in the processor, \’\’and blend until roughly blended. Add that mixture to the other ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Add the oats to the mixing bowl with the hemp flower, stir well to combine. The oats will exp\’\’and \’\’and help hold the burgers together.
- Form into palm-sized patties then place each onto the baking pan. If the consistency is stiff enough, you can sauté in a skillet.
- After baking 25 minutes, flip the burgers \’\’and bake for another 10 – 15 minutes
CBD Hemp Flower Infused Olive Oil
If you are wanting to keep your “cannabis kitchen” well stocked so that you have at your finger tips the ingredients you need for baking or cooking, you will want CBD hemp flower infused olive oil. Throughout these blog posts we have frequently given instructions for decarboxylating your hemp flower. Because this process is necessary whenever using hemp flower in cooking or baking.
You will need the following ingredients to make the hemp flower infused olive oil:
- 3½ grams CBD-rich decarboxylated cannabis flower
- 1 cup olive oil
Directions to decarboxylate:
- Heat oven to 275˚F. The temperature must be specific \’\’and the time in the oven is specific.
- Line baking sheet with tinfoil.
- Break up the dried hemp flower into pea-sized pieces with your fingers or with a pair of kitchen scissors
- Spread the crumbled hemp flower onto the foil-covered baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
Now your hemp flower is decarbed \’\’and so the CBDA has been converted to CBD. The next step is about the infusion process into the olive oil.
In sterilized 16-ounce Mason jar,
- Combine 3 ½ grams of hemp flower into 1 cup of olive oil \’\’and place both in a 16 oz Mason jar.
- Seal tightly.
- Fill a small saucepan with 3-inches of water \’\’and place the Mason jar in the pan on low heat.
- With a c\’\’andy thermometer, bring the water to a boil at 200 degrees F for 2 ½ to 3 hours. (Do not exceed 211 degrees F.)
- Add water to the saucepan as needed as the water boils away.
- Remove Mason jar safely with an oven mitt \’\’and let cool.
- Have a clean sterilized Mason jar with a cheese cloth in a fine strainer over the mouth
- Pour infused olive oil through cheesecloth \’\’and strainer combination into the jar.
- Press gently on what grains remain in the strainer to extract as much of the oil as possible. (Do not squeeze cheesecloth to avoid the chlorophyll flavors.)
- Store at room temperature in dark cabinet.
- It will make a little less than 1 cup infused olive oil. (To increase simply double the recipe.
With the above recipe, you can now make the Tomato Vinaigrette
CBD Flower Tomato Vinaigrette
This is a delicious addition to a plate of spring greens on a hot summer day. It would also go well with the Hemp Burger recipe above. Tomato Vinaigrette is the recipe you must try this summer.
If you want more information on all things CBD, read other posts here on our blog.