Dr. Strains CBD “University” — “Dictio-pedia” of All Things Hemp
“What do you want to know about all things hemp that no one has written about? Come on, then \’\’and join the conversation!”
Valentine’s Day Special Discount 10%
Coupon Code — VEGANDISCOUNTS10
See Below For Exciting New Inventory!
There are a great many words, terms, definitions \’\’and concepts related to hemp. So the “diction-pedia” will try to collect as many as possible which are specifically important to you in your journey to finding your bliss in hemp flower world. From terpenes to indica vs sativa or indoor grown to outdoor grown to what makes a hemp flower top-shelf. So, come join the conversation.
TABLE of CONTENTS
- Ancient Use
- Hemp Dictionary
- Today’s Feature Post
- Strains CBD Weekly Specials “Spotte”
All Things Hemp – Terpenes
Terpenes are simple organic compounds made up of various elements on the periodic table in varying arrangements creating different scents \’\’and various health benefits. These compounds create many of the familiar scents \’\’and flavors in hemp strains as well as other botanicals.
All things hemp includes the explanation about terpenes that they have the ability to interact with other compounds in the hemp plant in order to activate synergistic benefits. In the hemp community it is referred to as “The. Entourage Effect.”
All Things Hemp — Bioavailability
Bioavailability is about two things – the potency of what you consume, smoke or vape \’\’and the method you consume, smoke or vape. So, when you are purchasing your CBD product, it is important to be attentive to the potency. Ask for the Certificate of Analysis (COA) of the product to confirm its potency.
All things hemp shows us that one way to improve the bioavailability rate is to consume CBD sublingually that way it enters the metabolic system via the sublingual gl\’\’and under the tongue. The CBD can be delivered in this manner with oil, tincture, spray or lozenge so that it can impact the body more quickly \’\’and effectively.
The second way to ingest CBD with the highest bioavailability is to eat it with foods that enhance bioavailability. A small study done at a University lab suggests that fatty acids taken with the CBD increase its bioavailability because they act as binding agents meaning that the dose of CBD is able to attach to them \’\’and be metabolized effectively into energy.
All Things Hemp – Ancient Use
Despite stigmatization \’\’and restrictions of CBD hemp through the years, cannabis derivatives like CBD have been used throughout history. Queen Victoria ruled Engl\’\’and from 1837 to her death in 1901. She knew of the pain-relieving quality because the history books tell us she used it as a pain relief for menstrual cramps.
All things hemp reveals that J.R. Reynolds, Queen Victoria’s physician, prescribed cannabis her during her reign. Reynolds was a physician to the entire royal household after 1878 until his death in 1896. During that time, he recommended cannabis for a variety of ailments including asthma, migraines, depression \’\’and epilepsy.
All Things Hemp – Hemp Dictionary
- Cannabis indica — A strain of cannabis marijuana that has higher concentrations of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Indica is known for its sedative effects whether marijuana indica or hemp indica. But hemp indica will not have over 0.3% THC.
- Cannabis sativa – This strain of cannabis, whether marijuana or hemp, usually gives a cerebral high for marijuana. For hemp sativa, it provides an alertness with focus \’\’and more productivity.
- Closed-loop extraction — An extraction method in which solvents are not exposed to the open air, so the term “closed-loop”. This method is considered safer than “open-blasting” \’\’and is currently required for all legal concentrate production in certain states. Extraction is used to procure hash, dry sieve, \’\’and hash oils as they have such high potency.
- Concentrates (or extracts) — Hemp concentrates are extracted to keep the most desirable medicinal compounds while removing excess plant material. These are significantly more potent than st\’\’andard cannabis bud or flower. These concentrates are very important \’\’and beneficial for multiple medical applications.
- Cultivar – This is a particular plant strain that results from the specific process of crossbreeding two strains in order to stabilize a desired genetic trait or traits.
- Cultivator – This is an individual who grows cannabis, whether hemp or marijuana, with the focus on soil quality \’\’and plant health.
- Cure — A process used to preserve the cannabis plant \’\’and retain its flavors \’\’and therapeutic properties. Curing involves removing moisture from the flowers under controlled environmental conditions. The gradual slow drying of the flowers allows flavor \’\’and smoke to maximize.
TODAY’S FEATURE POST
If you want more information on all things CBD, read other posts here on our blog.
Dr. Strains CBD Weekly Special “Spotte”
Are you looking for CBD bud products? Good News! Love is in the air at Dr. Strains CBD as it offers these February Specials!
New to Dr. Strains CBD “Indoor Grown Series”
Fuel Berry Indoor CBD Flower — Our Fuel Berry is in our top tier range at 16% CBD! With citrus \’\’and berry terpene profiles \’\’and hues of purple hairs, this h\’\’and trimmed selection can’t be missed.
Orange Slice Indoor Hemp Flower – Another top tier indoor grown at 15%. With orange terpene profiles \’\’and hues of orange hairs this h\’\’and trimmed selection can’t be missed.
Space C\’\’andy D8 Flower — Infused with D8, this flower will have enhanced effects of the favorite Space C\’\’andy. Try a 1/2 oz. now for only $24.99!
Suver Haze D8 Flower — Infused with D8, this flower will have enhanced effects of the customer favorite Suver Haze. Try a 1/2 oz. now for only $24.99!
Mini Bath Bombs — A perfect way of self care while still getting your daily dose of CBD. Each bomb carries with it 45 mg of CBD for $3.99 \’\’and the large bath bombs have 100 mg of CBD at $799!
- Sativa Bomb — Peppermint, Eucalyptus or Tangerine
- Indica Bomb — Lavender or Frankincense
NEW for 2021! Our new Hemp Starter Kit – Rolling tray, ½ oz of flower, grinder, wraps, tips \’\’and papers. All this for ONLY $24.99