“Going High” for Christmas CBD Flower Baking
It is time for some Christmas CBD flower baking talk. If you are a veteran CannaCook then you know that it is important to “go high” when deciding which CBD hemp flower to use in your baking \’\’and cooking. The reason for this is when you consume CBD by way of edibles, it by way of process flows through our digestive system. This means that some of the potency is lost in this digestive process.
Christmas CBD Flower Baking – The High CBD Content Flowers
There are high \’\’and higher \’\’and highest CBD content when it comes to hemp flowers. When baking, we want to go higher \’\’and highest so that what is lost in digestive processes can be made up for. We are going to look at some of these flowers which you can purchase for your Christmas CBD flower baking spree.
Elektra is the strong hold for high-CBD content hemp flower because of high availability. Elektra is a sativa-dominant cross maintaining between 0.16% – 0.22% CBD content along with 0.3% THC or less. It also consistently has high resin content, \’\’and strong terpenes which turns it into a premium hemp flower fit for a king \’\’and for CBD extraction.
Papaya Nights CBD hemp flower is not only a beautiful flower but also st\’\’ands at a strong 17% to 19.7% CBD. It is a sativa flower with uplifting effects. Papaya Nights is generally grown in Oregon, but the cultivars prefer growing this hemp strain indoors. These CBD rich hemp buds are 100% h\’\’and trimmed so it is a meticulously attractive flower.
Sour Gummi CBD hemp flower is one of the most delicious \’\’and refreshing strains but for our Christmas baking spree, this is a great flower at 21.4% CBD. It is a hybrid with savors of sweet \’\’and sour as well as pine \’\’and earthy terpenes. Since Sour Gummi CBD hemp flower is a 50/50 hybrid, it offers an uplifting \’\’and relaxing effects together.
Illinois Suver Haze Hemp Flower st\’\’ands at almost 18% CBD \’\’and is a great one for infusing edibles with.
Hawaiian Haze CBD hemp flower is often grown in Oregon, the hemp flower strain \’\’and is a sativa dominant strain with a range of 15% to 21% CBD content. It still is within the legal limit of 0.3% THC. Hawaiian Haze smoke experience is not a cough-inducing which is important for those who have respiratory sensitives.
Christmas CBD Flower Baking – CBD Hemp Flower Prep
There is one process that you must always do when using hemp flower in your edibles \’\’and that is decarboxylating the flower. You can do this ahead of time \’\’and store it for a specific time.
- Oven temperature — 230-260 degrees F.
- Break hemp flower into small pieces.
- Spread on parchment covered baking tray.
- Place in the tray on the middle shelf in oven.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Remove \’\’and cool. It is now sufficiently decarbed!
- Put in a grinder of your choice \’\’and grind to the consistency of ground oregano.
- Store in air-tight jar. Will be good for 2 to 3 months.
When you have CannaButter made ahead of time you can use it to be your dose of CBD \’\’and you can actually add some ground hemp flower as part of your flour.
- Melt 1-pound butter in a medium-sized saucepan on low burner then add 2 cups of water \’\’and mix. Simmer over low to medium heat.
- Add decarboxylated \’\’and ground CBD flower as the butter melts. Reduce heat to low \’\’and continue mixing.
- Maintain temperature at 200 to 250 degrees F for the next 2- 3 hours. Do NOT let the butter scorch. Add a bit more water if it gets too dry. What you want to see is the butter to become thick \’\’and glossy-like. At that point you can turn the heat off.
- Secure a piece of cheesecloth over a large glass bowl. While still hot, pour the butter over the cheese cloth \’\’and allow it to filter slowly into the glass bowl.
- Cover the bowl \’\’and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain remaining liquid off the butter \’\’and pat it with paper towel to entirely absorb moisture there may still be.
- The butter must be refrigerated in an airtight container so that it is best preserved.
Christmas CBD Flower Baking – Choice Recipes
The Peach Salad with CBD Lemon Vinaigrette is a two for one in all ways expected. It is a delicious fruit/vegetable salad with an amazing vinaigrette dressing jazzed up with CBD. If you want to take something unique \’\’and healthy to your next Christmas party at home or at the office, save this recipe for many different occasions. And by the way, peach is just as much a flavor for Christmas as any other Christmas fruit.
CBD-Infused Pumpkin Pie
It’s almost time for pulling out your best pumpkin pie recipe for that wonderful day when family gathers around for Christmas dinner. But this year, you can trump all the pumpkin pies with one that is CBD-infused.
This would be a little different twist to Christmas Day dessert – Pumpkin Pie Bars! Remember that pumpkin is not just for Thanksgiving, it fits right in on Christmas Day as well. These are delicious \’\’and they have multiple healthy ingredients, including CBD. This favorite CBD recipe has the CBD added in at the end of the recipe for the topping. Remember it is important to mix the ingredients just as the recipe suggests. It is important to have the CBD oil introduced into the mix with an oil.
If you want more information on all things CBD, read other posts here on our blog.