“Light the Candle” to CBD Flower Candle Making
Aromatherapy has been around for centuries but now we have something new to add – the savors of a particular favorite CBD hemp flower. Different aromas provoke different emotions and thoughts. Candles bring quiet and calm and a sense of romance. CBD flower candle making is now an option for you to create your perfect hemp candle.
Candles can be infused with CBD oil or decarboxylate hemp flower just like you put in pieces of dried lavender or another dried aromatic flower. Your candle provides a peaceful and sensual atmosphere, but physically it can also provide relief from inflammation and pain.
Effects of Burning a CBD Flower Candle
Burning a CBD infused candle will not produce high-euphoric feelings but also a peaceful aroma to enjoy that helps release stress from your mind and body. Be very careful what type of CBD oil you use for candles. Full spectrum oil will have the most positive effects because it has all the cannabinoids, flavonoids and terpenes. And you will not get the cannabis aroma. However, if you use cannabis essential oil, it will smell like marijuana.
“Candle Light, Candle Bright” CBD flower Candle Making Recipe
There are a variety of ways to make candlelight for your home, your spa bath or for a relaxing time by the fireplace.
- You will need a jar or a decorative glass container. Mason jars come in a variety of sizes and works well. If you want to stay on the financial conservative side, save your jelly jars.
- You need hemp wick for the wick to burn and those are in the inventory of Dr. Strains CBD.
- You will need a pound of wax. Plain candle wax from the craft store will work or you can use soy wax which burns cleaner.
- The next ingredient is organic coconut oil in the amount of 1 cup
- Lastly, you want 1 ounce of full spectrum CBD oil.
- If you want your candle colored then shave some bits of crayon of desired color.
Directions for putting the candle together.
- You can melt the wax in the microwave with short 30 second heat bursts and stir after each burst. Or you can melt it in a double boiler on the stove.
- When the wax is melted, add the 1 ounce of full spectrum CBD oil and stir to be sure the oil is evenly distributed throughout the wax.
- Add the crayon shavings in the hot wax and let them melt. Stir so the color is evenly spread.
- With a hot glue gun, glue an end of the hemp wick to the bottom of you glass container. Leave a long tail and wrap it around a pencil then lay the pencil across the top of the glass container to hold the length of hemp wick vertically.
- When the wax has cooled to 120 degrees, carefully pour the hot melted wax into the jar leaving ½ inch at the top.
- When the wax has cooled and hardened, trim the wick leaving 1 inch.
Hemp Flower Nug Candle Recipe
If you have a particular aroma from a particular strain of CBD hemp then follow the exact directions for candle making above but leave out the CBD full spectrum oil.
- Choose your hemp flower with best savors
- Crumple it onto a baking pan and decarboxylate. (insert link)
- Melt your 1 pound of soy wax
- Add crayon shavings of desired color and stir for complete mixing.
- Let the wax cool to 120 degrees and add the decarbed hemp flower
- If you already have a batch of decarbed hemp flower in a dark sealed contain then simply take 1 to 2 tablespoons in your melted wax.
If you want more information on all things CBD, read other posts here on our blog.