CBD flower you must have may vary from cannacook to cannacook. However, the flowers you should use for edibles is high CBD. It is a good idea to have a supply of CBD hemp flower in your pantry so you can engage in your cooking with CBD “itch”.
Cannabis hemp flower kitchens may be soon on the rise because there are so many things that you can make with hemp flower and CBD hemp flower oil. From making hemp flour from your own purchased hemp flower nugs to infusing tea and coffee with CBD, the things you can make in your cannabis hemp flower kitchen are multiplying. It is frustrating to be all geared up to make something with decarboxylated hemp flower and, oh, yes, there are no hemp flowers in the pantry.
CBD Flower You Must Have — The CBD Flower of it All
For many recipes you need the CBD flower. If you are making edibles for an upcoming Friday evening poolside party and want something relaxing, calming and socially open, then you will want one of these CBD flowers – Abacus or CB Dawg. If you want to make edibles for a special treat to have at your desk Monday morning so you’ll be alert, focused and productivity then try – Cherry Blossom or Elektra.
You will want to keep these flowers as a staple in your Cannabis Kitchen pantry. You can store them in a sealed glass container.
CBD Flower You Must Have — Learning How to Decarboxylate
One recipe that should be at the front of your recipe book is the one for the decarboxylate process. This is a must. You cannot simply crumble the CBD flower nug into your recipe and expect results. The cannabinoid CBDA is in the flower nug but it will not interact with your Endocannabinoid System unless it converts to CBD. For it to convert, you must decarboxylate the crumbled CBD flower nug.
- Oven temperature — 230-260 degrees F.
- Break hemp flower into small pieces.
- Spread on parchment covered baking tray.
- Place in the tray on the middle shelf in oven.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Remove and cool. It is now sufficiently decarbed!
- Put in a grinder of your choice and grind to the consistency of ground oregano.
- Store in air-tight jar. Will be good for 2 to 3 months.
CBD Flower You Must Have — CannaButter Recipe
- Melt 1-pound butter in a medium-sized saucepan on low burner then add 2 cups of water and mix. Simmer over low to medium heat.
- Add decarboxylated and ground CBD flower as the butter melts. Reduce heat to low and continue mixing.
- Maintain temperature at 200 to 250 degrees F for the next 2- 3 hours. Do NOT let the butter scorch. Add a bit more water if it gets too dry. What you want to see is the butter to become thick and glossy-like. At that point you can turn the heat off.
- Secure a piece of cheesecloth over a large glass bowl. While still hot, pour the butter over the cheese cloth and allow it to filter slowly into the glass bowl.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain remaining liquid off the butter and pat it with paper towel to entirely absorb moisture there may still be.
- The butter must be refrigerated in an airtight container so that it is best preserved.
CBD Flower You Must Have — Shelf Life
Since we talked about stocking your cannabis hemp flower kitchen, we need to talk shelf life. You can increase shelf life by storing hemp flower and decarbed hemp flower out of any type of direct sunlight, the darker the better. It is advised to use glass mason jars rather than plastic and always monitor the temperature where you are storing it so it remains cool.
You can set up your mason jars so that you can accommodate several different strains of hemp flower, but it is highly recommended to use high CBD strains to get the best effects. Dr. Strains CBD sells high CBD content hemp flowers and are continually adding to their inventory.
If you want more information on all things CBD, read other posts here on our blog.