TWO CBD “Baking Ingredients” — CannaButter and Decarboxylated CBD Flower
If you are a “CannaCook” there are some staples which you will always want in your pantry. These TWO CBD baking ingredients are two ways to “dose by way of edibles”. Both of these ingredients you can store both of these for a period of time.
First let’s talk about decarboxylation as it is also needed to make the cannabutter. The CBD hemp flower must be put through the decarboxylation process in order to convert the CBDa the CBD which can benefit the body in many different ways.
Secondly, when you smoke or vape hemp flower, it is heated to the sufficient temperature to allow the conversion. But when you are making edibles with hemp flower, you need to bake it to the right temperature for the right amount of time.
TWO CBD Baking Ingredients — Decarboxylation CBD Flower
One of the TWO CBD baking ingredients is decarboxylated hemp flower. The temperatures of certain hot dishes may be enough to decarboxylate raw CBD hemp flowers. But in the long run, it is best to fully decarboxylate before using in a recipe.
- Oven temperature — 230-260 degrees F.
- Break hemp flower into small pieces.
- Spread on parchment covered baking tray.
- Place in the tray on the middle shelf in oven.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Remove and cool. It is now sufficiently decarbed!
- Put in a grinder of your choice and grind to the consistency of ground oregano.
- Store in air-tight jar. Will be good for 2 to 3 months.
“Live on Hemp Bread Alone” — CBD Hemp Flower Muffins in the Mornin’
Maple Hemp Flour Muffins are for that morning when you do not have time to make breakfast but you can grab one of these muffins and have the nutrition your body needs to get your metabolism on the move. It yields 12 muffins so you can freeze them, so they are ready on that extra busy morning.
Elektra CBD hemp flower would be a great choice for these muffins. Dr. Strains CBD has Elektra ON SALE this week. It is a good time to stock up on this delicious flower and full of health benefits such as inflammation and pain relief as well as an anti-anxiety.
- 2 C whole wheat flour
- ¼ C of the decarbed hemp flower
- ¾ t salt
- 1 T baking powder
- ½ C maple syrup
- ½ C coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- ¾ C coconut milk, unsweetened
- ½ C hemp hearts
In a large bowl, whisk the coconut oil, maple syrup, sugar and eggs together well. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mix. Remember to add the hemp hearts last. Slowly stir until the batter is smooth.
TWO CBD Baking Ingredients — CannaButter Recipe
Another of the TWO CBD baking ingredients is cannabutter. It can be used in almost any recipe by switching out regular butter with cannabutter. This adds health to any recipe as well as something unique to offer your guests.
- Melt 1-pound butter in a medium-sized saucepan on low burner then add 2 cups of water and mix. Simmer over low to medium heat.
- Add decarboxylated and ground CBD flower as the butter melts. Reduce heat to low and continue mixing.
- Maintain temperature at 200 to 250 degrees F for the next 2- 3 hours. Do NOT let the butter scorch. Add a bit more water if it gets too dry. What you want to see is the butter to become thick and glossy-like. At that point you can turn the heat off.
- Secure a piece of cheesecloth over a large glass bowl. While still hot, pour the butter over the cheese cloth and allow it to filter slowly into the glass bowl.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain remaining liquid off the butter and pat it with paper towel to entirely absorb moisture there may still be.
- The butter must be refrigerated in an airtight container so that it is best preserved.
CBD Spikes Chocolate — CannaButter-Infused Chocolate Cake
How many times to you get this craving for a big fat piece of chocolate cake in the middle of the afternoon. Here is a recipe for chocolate cake and when you eat it, you will also get a dose of health with CBD. This cake is made with cannabutter, so in case you do not have cannabutter already made, here is a recipe for it.
No-Bake CBD–Infused Cheese Cake
The other way you can infuse CBD into food is by using butter that you have already infused with ground decarboxylate CBD hemp flower. The first recipe here uses Cannabutter. If you do not have Cannabutter, there is a recipe for it at the end of the blog post. Directions are also there to decarboxylate CBD hemp flower.
These are two staples that you must keep in your Cannabis Kitchen for spur of the moment baking urges you might have. Most of your best loved recipes can be made into a Cannabis Recipe. Substitute the butter with your CannaButter.
If you want to use your own ground CBD hemp flower in a recipe, replace ¼ of the flour with the CannaFlour. Only use either Canna Butter or CannaFlour in a recipe, do not use both in one recipe.
If you want more information on all things CBD, read other posts here on our blog.
Are you looking for CBD bud products? ELEKTRA CBD HEMP FLOWER IS ON SALE THIS WEEK for Dr. Strains great “spook-Tober.” Elektra is a sativa-dominant cross maintaining between 16% – 22% CBD content. Dr. Strains CBD only sources its CBD bud from small hemp farms. Check out our online shop or contact us for more information.