- by drstrainscbdwpadmin
There are numerous uses for hemp. Hemp is historically known to be cultivated for industrial and even domestic purposes. It dates back to the Stone Age which is almost 10,000 years ago.
The Hemp Plant
Hemp can be easily and grown in large-scale in various climates and conditions and takes approximately 3-6 months to grow and, unlike its close relative marijuana, it doesn’t need the same care or attention focused on it.
Although, both cannabis and hemp are derived from the same plant species and both contain the psychoactive compound, THC, there is a difference in the level of the compound. Hemp has much lower amounts of THC than cannabis which gives the user that intoxicated feeling.
Hemp’s leading purpose in today’s world seems to be for a means of personal health:
Medicine – CBD (Cannabidiol)
As there is growth in popularity of the cannabis plant on a whole, CBD, one of the cannabinoids (chemical compounds) found in the plant, follows right behind, surfacing into the consumer world. CBD is found in both marijuana and hemp and in both cases, it can be used for medicinal purposes.
CBD is used to treat:
The hemp plant gives many health benefits allowing humans to consume it.
- Its seeds are high in essential fatty acids and amino acids (protein) and can be eaten raw like nuts which is added dietary fiber. They are also high in B Vitamins, phosphorus, iron and magnesium.
- The seeds can also be pressed into an oil which can be substituted for other cooking oils, or liquefied and used as milk. The oil contains potassium, copper, vitamin A, vitamins B1, B3, B5, B9, and chlorophyll which gives it green color.
- Its leaves can be consumed whether in a salad or pressed into a juice.
Hemp can also be used as pet food for cats, dogs, and birds, and dietary supplements for cows, horses.
Body Oil and Lotions
Hemp contains oils normally found in body lotions and essential oils.
- It can be used as a moisturizer
- It does not clog pores
- It draws moisture into the skin acting as an humectant getting deep into the cells in the skin
- It can be used for dry scalp and in dandruff treatments
Oil Based Products
The oil from hemp is used to make any oil based products such as candles, lanterns and paint. In fact, when used to make paint, the paint job is said to last much longer.
Hemp is one of the lightest fibers available, giving clothes a lightweight and breathable feel. Even some celebrity clothing labels use hemp fibers such as Ralph Lauren, Armani and Calvin Klein.
Plastic & Paper
Hemp plastics are derived from the stalk of the hemp plant and have a very low environmental impact. The quality of hemp paper is superior to tree-based paper as it is more durable and is less toxic.
Hemp plant can make strong and durable materials for construction. For example, cement made from hemp uses minerals and core fibers.
Fairly unique in comparison to other natural resources, hemp has a lot of potential to become a major natural resource that can benefit both the economy and the environment. The plant itself is multipurpose as every part of it can be used.
Hemp flower for sale, wholesale hemp flower, hemp, hemp buds, hemp strains, cbd flower, cbd hemp, cbd buds